I'm so thankful for the manner in which this year's blogference turned out. I hoped to expand the reach of the blogference beyond the scope of CCC, as well facilitate connections between staff members who did not know each other but shared a common ministry philosophy, values, strategy, and heart.
My favorite parts of the blogference were:
- Reading comments from staff overseas! Hopefully as they process and share what they are learning with their teams, the world will be changed in some small way!
- My intern Dan Birch wrote a comment on one blog that was encouraging to a staff in Singapore! When I think about Dan's role here on campus, which is to develop and mobilize our emerging leaders, this is an outstanding developmental opportunity! Not that his role here is small, but being able to interact and even minister to a leader overseas is profound. Social media has truly changed the capacity to develop leaders!
- The BlogTalkRadio show on Moving From a Tool to a Tools Mentality in Evangelism. To date over 160 people have listened to the show. I've received some great questions spawned from the show as well.
Where I would love to see future blogferences head:
- I'm working on developing a wesbite that would host the various topics and bring all the feeds to a centralized place. My hope is that by building a better platform that more ministry leaders will be able to participate and contribute.
- Expanding the diversity. Benson Hines commented on many of the posts. He is a non-CCC campus minister, and it was awesome to read his comments and questions. The more people who are similiar but different we have commenting, the more robust the discussion becomes.
Overall I could not have been more pleased by the outcome. Thank you so much for participating!