1. Trust--every one of my student leaders revealed that they SEVERELY distrusted us during their freshmen year. None of them had a compelling reason why. This might be the most underrepresented challenge facing college ministry today.
2. Vision--it's such a waste of time to take students along for a ride that they would not want to go on if they knew the destination. i wish college ministries in general would up the level of clarity of their vision.
3. Passion--our students have stepped up in proportion to how passionate we are about the mission, vision, and values.
4. Leadership--my sense is that college students are desperate to be led somewhere, but are afraid to ask.
5. Sacrifice--I see that students are about SERVICE, but I wonder if they understand sacrifice. I sense that many students serve because they are afraid to lead sacrificially.
photo courtesy of claudiasnell